The Mallee Sexual Assault Unit (MSAU) provides support and care to all victims of sexual assault.
Our services include:
- 24 hour crisis care
- Counselling and support for those who have experienced sexual assault and for their families partners and friends.
- Medical care, in addition to the examination facility / medical / legal requirements necessary to their victim exercising their rights under all.
- Support and information regarding medical and legal process.
- Free confidential crisis counselling service.
- Community education programs directed to breaking down the myths surrounding sexual assault.
- Education for professional groups.
- Research on the incidence and prevention of sexual assault.
- Information about sexual assault.
- Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal (VOCAT) information and assistance with victim’s of crime compensation applications.
- Library books and articles, videos, pamphlets, for all age groups.
- Support Groups.
- Self Defence Classes.
- Advocacy / Referrals.
- Consultation and Support for all persons professionals and agencies about disclosures and mandatory reporting etc.