24 HOUR SERVICE
Sexual Assault Unit (03) 5025 5400
Domestic Violence Services (03) 5021 2130
Sexual Assault Unit (03) 5033 1786
Domestic Violence Services (03) 5033 1899
Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence services are an essential part of the primary health care system funded by government. These services are provided free and are available to all victims and survivors.
The Mallee Sexual Assault Unit (MSAU) and Mallee Domestic Violence Services (MDVS) provide services for women, men and children throughout the Northern and Southern Mallee region, border communities of New South Wales, the Mallee Track and Shires of Gannawarra and Buloke.
In the Northern Mallee region, centre-based sexual assault and family violence services are provided in Mildura (24 hour response). Services are also provided flexibly and on-demand in Robinvale, Ouyen, Mallee Track, Dareton, Wentworth and Balranald.
In the Southern Mallee, centre-based sexual assault and family violence services are provided in Swan Hill (24 hour response). Services are also provided flexibly and on-demand in Kerang, Cohuna, Sea Lake, Wycheproof and other towns throughout the Buloke and Gannawarra Shire.
This website contains information on the services offered by the Mallee Sexual Assault Unit and Domestic Violence Service. It contains resource information on Child Abuse, Sexual Assault, Rape, Crisis Counselling, Crisis Accommodation, Family Violence and Domestic Violence generally.
For the purpose of language used in this website, family violence is a deeply gendered issue. Overwhelmingly, the majority of perpetrators are men and victim-survivors are women and children. The causes of family violence are complex and include gender inequality and community attitudes towards the roles of women and men in society. We recognises that a gendered understanding of family violence is critical to effective service delivery and the need to be inclusive through the use of gender-neutral language appropriate for the service settings. The following gender-neutral terms used in this website are:
- Family Violence – as defined in the Family Violence Protection Act 2008 (Vic) above noting that it is inclusive of all forms of family violence
- Family Member – as defined in the Family Violence Protection Act 2008 (Vic) noting it is inclusive of kinship, carer and other familial-like relationships
- Victim-survivor -refers to adults and children
- Aboriginal – inclusive of both Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islander
- CALD – Cultural and Linguistic Diversity
- LGBTIQ – Inclusive of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Gender Diverse, Intersex and Queer